Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sponsorship of Innovation, The Million Skills Project

I recently contributed to a kickstarter campaign -- my first time. I choose to sponsor the Million Skills Project for many reasons.

1. The project takes a progressive approach to education and life long learning. There are so many positive things that cascade from education like leadership development, tolerance for alternative view points, and skills that will position our community for more success.

2. I have an opportunity to participate in this work. As a significant backer, I will participate in the nomination process for the mentors wired into this project.  I hope to leverage my experience with patient safety and medical informatics to the benefit of the larger group.

3. This a local effort that leverages community assets and talent that highlights some of the reasons I choose to live and work in Bloomington, Indiana. This project has the potential to support economic development and foster the creation of new businesses. So I am all for that.

4. It gives me the opportunity to participate with my children and influence their life long learning. When I showed the project to my teenage son today, he thought it was great. In fact, I think he was a bit surprised that his dad would be involved in something that looks this cool.

I will be writing more about sponsorship of innovation in the near future.

Todd Rowland MD


No comments:

Post a Comment